Packed full of fibre, vitamins and minerals. Our zucchini and hazelnut loaf is the perfect base for breakfast, lunch or a mid-meal snack. Top with avocado and an egg, or spread with hummus and sliced tomatoes, or add your favourite toppings!
150g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (not a fan of hazelnuts substitute for walnuts instead)
50g sunflower seeds
50g of ground almonds
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
6 tablespoons of lemon juice
grated zest from 1 lemon
3/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
200g canned tomato (salt- free), chopped
75g rolled oats
freshly ground pepper
1. Water fry the onion and garlic until translucent. Halve the zucchini and scoop out the seeds, then dice.
2. Add to the onion mix and cook for a further 5 minutes until soft. Meanwhile, dry roast the hazelnuts and sunflower seeds in a frying pan, agitating so they do not burn.
3. In a large bowl the nuts, ground almonds, vegetable mixture, lemon juice and rind, parsley, oats and tomato. Grind some pepper into the mixture.
4. Turn into a loaf tin that is lined with grease proof paper that has been lightly greased with oil, placing the tin in a shallow tray of hot water.
5. Cover and bake at 180 for an hour. Remove the cover 30 minutes before the end of cooking. Serve with salad or steamed veggies. Yum!
Cut and freeze for the week for an easy and quick breakfast or snack!
Please note: To make this recipe FODMAP friendly, remove the onion and garlic, replace the hazelnuts for walnuts or macadamias and reduce the zucchini by half with grated carrot.